Owen Rumney

Software Engineer

I got the result and feedback for the first assignment of the final Open University project today. Its been a long week waiting for it, not least because a significant number of others on the course have been reporting back very low marks.

The difference with TM470 assignments is that they are a little more wooly in what is required. For the past 3 years, the assignments have been a series of questions that need answering in a specified order and within a specified structure. With this course we’re expected to guide the project, determine what is relevant for the content of the assignment and hope that we got it right.

I eventually got my mark, 60%. It’s work 5% of the overall module so it can be used as a learning experience. The tutor did give me some good feedback which will help when writing the next assignment for the middle of April.